Leiden University actively seeks to prepare students for the labour market and wants to help young alumni at the start of their careers. The Leiden University Mentor Network is one of the ways to provide help and is available to everyone in the Leiden University community.
Through this online mentor network, young alumni and students can contact more experienced alumni easily to ask them for advice. Leiden alumni can make themselves available as a mentor in just a few steps.
With more than 100.000 alumni, who have an array of study backgrounds, working in all kinds of different places and positions, Leiden University has a large network of alumni and has collected a lot of knowledge and experience. This network can be very useful to students and young alumni with regard to career preparation or career advice.
Through this mentor network they can ask more experienced alumni, who have once had to make the same choices, for advice. The Leiden University Mentor Network is ideal for showing who they can approach and first contact is made easy by using Leiden University as a common base.
The mentor network offers you the opportunity to help a student or young alumni on his/her way, to develop your own coaching skills and to expand your network.
The mentor network is there for everyone who ..
- .. would like to offer a helping hand to students and young alumni
- .. considers a career change
- .. is looking for information on a specific industry or organization
- .. wants to move up the ladder in his/her profession
- .. would like to exchange ideas on choices he/she is facing
- .. wants to grab the opportunity to develop new coaching skills
Read more about this network on the Leiden University Alumni website.